FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: April 18, 2019
Contact: Rick DeBruhl
2019 Board of Governors Election Results
Board of Governors Election Results
The 2019 State Bar of Arizona Board of Governors election is over and the results are in. More than 3,500 members voted both in Arizona and nationwide.
Names of those elected to the board are in bold below. Percentages reflect votes cast for the candidate in that district.
District One (Mohave, Navajo, Coconino and Apache counties): one governor.
There was no election this year in District One because President-Elect Brian Furuya will automatically ascend to the office of president in June 2019
District Two (Yavapai county): one governor
- Sharon Marie Flack - Uncontested - Elected to a 2 year term
District Three (Gila, Graham and Greenlee counties): one governor
- Hector M. Figueroa - Uncontested - Elected to a 3 year term
District Four (Cochise county): one governor
- D. Christopher Russell - Uncontested - Elected to a 1 year term
District Five (Pima and Santa Cruz counties): two governors
- Leticia Marquez - 32.15% - Elected to a 2 year term
- Dee-Dee Samet - 31.09% - Elected to a 1 year term
- Chris Gast - 22.79%
- Thomas Bouman - 13.97%
District Six (Maricopa county): seven governors
- Benjamin P. Taylor, II - 10.59% - Elected to a 3 year term
- Jessica S. Sanchez - 8.59% - Elected to a 3 year term
- Mark I. Harrison - 8.29% - Elected to a 3 year term
- Sam Saks - 7.91% - Elected to a 2 year term
- Jennifer R. Rebholz - 7.67% - Elected to a 2 year term
- Robert J. McWhirter - 7.52% - Elected to a 1 year term
- Sara A. Siesco - 6.79% - Elected to a 1 year term
- Pouria Paknejad - 6.05%
- Tyler J. Carrell - 5.84%
- Lawrence Koplow - 5.06%
- David R. Fuller - 5.00%
- Kellen W. Bradley - 4.33%
- Trent R. Buckallew - 4.11%
- Michael Mainwold - 3.31%
- Michael Kielsky - 3.06%
- Greg Patterson - 2.98%
- Christopher R. Kaup - 2.91%
District Seven (La Paz and Yuma counties): one governor
- Jimmie Dee Smith - Uncontested - Elected to a 2 year term
District Eight (Pinal county): one governor
- Denis M. Fitzgibbons - Uncontested - Elected to a 3 year term
These results are pending board certification.
Should you have any questions about this year's election, please contact Carrie Sherman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the State Bar
The State Bar of Arizona is a non-profit organization that operates under the supervision of the Arizona Supreme Court. The Bar includes approximately 23,500 attorneys and provides education and development programs for the legal profession and the public. Since 1933 the Bar and its members have been committed to serving the public by making sure the voices of all people in Arizona are heard in our justice system.
# # #